Rhubarb & Raspberry Crumble
Updated: Aug 23, 2019
Rhubarb is one of my favorite vegetable to eat as a dessert. It is very sour, but I personally like it. Rhubarb can also be intimidating to cook because, you need to peel it and some recipes require you to wait one hour to extract the liquid. This recipe is easy and it is between a scone and a crumble, you can eat it with vanilla ice cream to make it a little sweeter or add a little more sugar to the recipe.
100g/½ cup almond flour
1 pinch of salt
130g/9 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
130g/⅔ cup sugar
200g/1 cup raspberries
25g/2 tbsp. brown sugar to mix raspberries
200g/1 cup rhubarbs
25g/2 tbsp. brown sugar to mix rhubarbs
1. Wash, peel and cut the rhubarb in pieces, roll the rhubarb and the raspberries in brown sugar, set aside.
2. In a bowl or food processor, stir the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, almond flour, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add small pieces of butter to the mix and mix until the flour has absorbed the butter (no more pieces of butter)
4. Add eggs, one by one, while mixing to make the dough stick.
5. In a baking pan (about 8 by 11 inches) with parchment paper (or butter and flour), spread with your fingers the dough about ¾ inches thick (use ¾ of the dough)
6. Then spread the fruits with the remaining dough (like a crumble) on the top.
7. Bake 30 min at 360°F
8. Broil maximum 4 min. to get some colors
Optional – Add some flaked almonds on top.